Here are some useful links and sign-posting surrounding Covid-19:
QNI Rapid Training plans
In response to the Covid-19 pandemic and the redeployment of staff to work in the community, primary care and care home settings, the QNI has developed an Orientation/ Induction template set of rapid training plans to assist nurses making the transition into unfamiliar settings. We hope you will find them useful as a benchmark for any work that you are developing or have developed.
- Orientation and Induction Checklist – Covid19 Rapid Training for Community, Primary Care and Care Home Nursing
- General Practice Nursing – Covid19 Rapid Training
- The NICE rapid guideline for symptom management in the community (6 April)
- COVID-10: steps for GP Practices to take
- Primary Care Respiratory Society Guidance on Covid-19, updated daily
- Self-care during Covid-19 from Primary Care Respiratory Society
- RCGP Guidance on workload prioritisation during COVID-19
- Primary Care Bulletin: latest guidance for General Practice.
- The RCN’s guidance on how to protect yourself, what you should expect from your employer and what to do if you have concerns.
- Public Health England’s latest guidance on Covid-19.
- The NMC’s joint statement on expanding the nursing working force during the outbreak.
- NHS England and NHS Improvement guidance for primary care on Covid-19.
- Resuscitation Council UK statement on Covid-19.
Open Forum for Nurses:
- Information for General Practice Nurses in accessing support from the NHS Volunteer Responders scheme + Referral Form
Personal Protective Equipment:
- How to put on, use, take off and dispose of a mask (WHO guidance)
- NHS England and NHS Improvement guidance on supply and use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- NHS Supply Chain’s Delivery Schedule for PPE
- Public Health England poster guide for staff about how to put on PPE, including FFP3 respirators.
- Public Health England YouTube video on how to put on PPE.
- The NMC’s Andrea Sutcliffe’s latest blog on the outbreak.